Sometime we heard people say, that child is a spoiled brat! If that happened to be your child, you will be offended or hurt. But what if it is true? I am sure no parents wanted to hear such statement from anybody else.
What is a spoiled child?
A spoiled child is undisciplined, manipulative and unpleasant to be with much of the time.
How do we prevent our child from becoming one?
1. Provide age-appropriate limits and rules for your child.
2. Require cooperation with important rules
3. Expect child to cry
4. Do not allow tantrums to work
5. Don't overlook discipline during quality time
6. Teach your child to cope with boredom
7. Don't protect your child from normal life challenges
8. Teach your child to respect the rights of adults.
Call your Pediatrician when you feel that your child is becoming spoiled.
Got these article from Pediatric Associates Newsletter.