Wednesday, February 23

My Own version of Tortilla Soup

Me and my husband love Tortilla Soup.  Sometimes, we have to find a Mexican restaurant just to have it.   One day I realized, why not make it myself?  Begun searching the recipe on the Internet, made some modifications and tried it.   It was my birthday party and everyone just love it.   Some people begun asking for the recipe and some asked if I could cook it on the next gathering.   I humbly accepted all the praises and promised them to make some more.

Here is my own version of Tortilla soup:

2 tbs of cooking oil
1/2 bulb of onion
3 gloves of garlic
one cup of chicken breast (bite slice)
2 cans of diced tomato with green chillies
 1 cup of water or chicken broth
 1/2 cup of diced carrots
1/2 cup of corn (in a can)
1 cup of Jack Monterrey cheese
1 cup of crumbled tortilla chips
1 tbs of cilantro


Saute garlic and onions and once it is crunchy looking add the chicken.  Let it stand for a few minutes until the chicken turned to brown.  Add the diced tomato, a cup of water and let it boil.  Once it boiled lower down the heat to medium, let it stand for another 3 minutes.   Add the vegetables and let it stand for a few minutes.  Put cheese, tortilla chips and last the cilantro.   Mixed well to make sure that the cheese will blend thoroughly.  Serve hot !

No comments: