Wednesday, May 8

Cool Park this Summer

Greenlake Park is one of the coolest park here in Seattle.  The place has big playground for the kids to enjoy,  it is situated beside the lake where the kids and grown ups could  take a splash in the water to cool off, a big area of luscious green grass to just spread your blanket and enjoy a bountiful of picnic basket or play freebies with friends.   Surrounding the lake is a jogging, walking or running path or you can ride your bike or roller blades or skate board.

Last weekend, we went out late in the afternoon since I worked the previous night, so I have to get some zzzz during the day.   The weather was on the 80's and we don't want it to go on waste, we want to do just like everyone else does, go outside  and enjoy the sunshine, so we head out to Greenlake park.    The kids got to play,  me and my husband takes turn  doing our laps around the lake.

The place was packed with people though, but I still love the whole scene!  When I was doing brisk walking (because I don't felt like jogging), it was so relaxed because a lot of people are walking and chatting all the way.  My husband shared the same feeling when he was jogging around.

The downside in this place is parking, the parking lot is so small, but side parking are available and small other parking lots are scattered around the lake.



This was an old shot taken last month when the place was still cold and the ducks where still have a place to enjoy the lake.


No comments: