Wednesday, December 29

Fahoo Foray

This guest post from Hong Alexander

Is it me, or does the holiday season seem to begin earlier each year? The anxious rush never ceases to escape me as I drive past strip malls and see store windows decorated for Christmas when I have barely finished swallowing the last of my Thanksgiving turkey. The air is frigid, and all signs point to the arrival of the most wonderful time of the year. But for me, nothing quite says Christmas like the first airing of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love the look on the Grinch's face after he has robbed Whoville blind. He is so sure that he's ruined Christmas, but much to his surprise all the Whos--the tall and the small--gather in the town square to sing Fahoo Foray, and the Grinch's plan goes up in smoke! I love to watch the look on my children's faces when Cindy Lou Who toddles out of the bedroom and says, "Why, Santy Claus, why?" as the mean old Grinch folds up the Christmas tree like an umbrella and rams it up the chimney. As a mom of three young children I have made How the Grinch Stole Christmas a tradition in our home, and thanks to our cable television, we are able to watch our favorite Christmas cartoon on every channel it airs during the month of December!

No comments: